We didn't get far, but it is a start.I think they were more interested in going in the loft. All of the kids went up. Some were very fearful, but they overcame their fear and climbed right up. We are using PEX with brass fittings. I wish the kids were strong enough to crimp the rings, my arms are tired.
I always feel the need to apologize when we haven't posted in a while, sorry. A lot has happened so here goes. The siding is done, the rough electric is done, the plumbing vents and drains are half done, all walls and framing are done. Our short list is; finish vents and drains, put in water lines, insulate. Things we are thinking about are; a ladder to the loft, built-in shelves, colors, vanities, counter tops, and cabinets. We have some old shop tables that have butcher block in the back room. We just need to ask the right people to see if we can use some.
We are ready to get some siding done! Mr. Holland spent most of the weekend getting the roof finished and the trim on. The classes will work on siding this week. We are expecting precipitation at the end of the week, so we need to hurry.
Well, I think every group got to put in at least one window. It was cold this week, and the classes meet from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, so it doesn't have much time to heat up. We had a good discussion about how important it is to seal the windows well. We used Tyvek Straight Flash and Flexwrap. We were very impressed on how well it sealed it up along the flang.
We were able to start putting on siding. We are using Smart Siding by LP. Mr. Holland used it on his house last year, and was impressed on how well it went up.
Mr. Holland hopes to finish the metal and put on the fascia this weekend. We are looking for an electrician to wire it if anyone knows someone in the area.
We had several people stop and look at it this week.
Today the 1-3 graders put in screws to hold the OSB to the frame. It was very windy, which made it cold. We also looked at Tyvek and another type of house wrap. We did an experiment and found that Tyvek was much better, but it cost a lot more. We decided to spend the extra for a better product.
A lot of work was done over Thanksgiving break. Because we are behind and the uncertainty of setting walls and working on high areas, Mr Holland, his brother, and nephew did that work.
Well the floor is done. It has R-15 rigid insulation, 3/4 in. tongue and groove, on a 2x4 floor joist framed floor. All securely fastened to the trailer.
Well, the moment all the G/T classes have been waiting for, the trailer is here. Mr. Holland picked it up yesterday and we got right to work. We learned to use a pop rivet tool today. We used it to attach the galvanized metal to the bottom of the trailer frame to keep out mice mostly, but if is moved it will keep out road spray as well. The coolest thing was, we got hard hats!
We are a Gifted and Talented class in the Mountain Home School District